Responsible Leadership Reimagined Conference
16 – 18 March 2022
Lanzerac, Stellenbosch, South Africa
We look back on 16 years of research on responsible leadership. South Africa has played an important role in driving the topic with the first International Conference on Responsible Leadership being held in 2010 at the University of Pretoria in Johannesburg. Nine years later, the Academy of Management held a specialised conference on Responsible Leadership in Bled, Slovenia.
The next international conference will again be hosted in Africa by Stellenbosch University in the beautiful surroudings of Lanzerac Wine Estate. The conference is a uniquely African collaboration between the USB Centre for Responsible Leadership Studies, the Allan Gray Centre for Values-based Leadership (University of Cape Town), the Albert Luthuli Leadership Institute (University of Pretoria) and the Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative.
WHAT IS RESPONSIBLE LEADERSHIP?
Responsible leadership is a leadership approach that addresses responsibilities and accountabilities of business leaders. It is driven by purpose and positive social impact. To reach a complete understanding of responsible leadership, its importance and how it can be implemented to benefit society, we need to establish a number of things. These include:
- How do we make sense of the concept of responsible leadership globally as well as in the African context?
- What are the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic for the responsible leadership discourse?
- What is the relationship between responsible leadership and social innovation?
- How can organisations develop and nurture responsible leaders internally?
- How can we establish a dialogue between sectors, co-create best practices and shape pathways and actions towards responsible leadership?
WHY WE NEED THIS CONFERENCE
The Responsible Leadership Reimagined Conference is an event that seeks to address important questions about responsible leadership, and encourage further research and to advance the discussion on responsible leadership in Africa. This will enable us to move towards a common understanding of what responsible leadership is and what it can achieve on the continent.
HOW YOU CAN HELP US
Send us your papers and contributions that theoretically and empirically assess responsible leadership and its relation to individual ethical decision-making, best responsible business practice (in for-profit, non-profit, hybrid, international organisations and government), stakeholder engagement, community partnerships, and cross-sector collaboration. With your help, we can increase our understanding of responsible leaders and implement the correct policies in order to achieve widespread, meaningful and positive social impact in greater society and in organisations around the world.
- Scholarly paper abstract submissions: 30 November 2021
- Practitioner presentation submissions: 30 November 2021
- Notification of review results of abstract/presentation submissions: 15 December 2021
- Final paper submissions: 31 January 2022
- Email address for submissions: RLRConference@usb.ac.za
Visit https://www.usb.ac.za/usb_events/responsible-leadership-reimagined-conference/ to download the full call.