Posted for Tima Bansal
The Ivey Business School (Western University, London, Canada) is seeking to fill a postdoctoral fellowship in business sustainability, ideally with an interest in systems thinking, sustainability-related innovation, or time-related research. The post-doctoral researcher will support Pratima (Tima) Bansal’s ongoing research program on innovation and sustainability through the Ivey Innovation Learning Lab. The ambition is to operate in the liminal space between research and practice, in order to produce novel research while offering practical insight.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following:
- Demonstrated ability to conduct high quality research (qualitative or quantitative methods);
- Comfort and credibility writing for and communicating with corporate executives;
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills;
- A defended dissertation within six months of commencing employment. If the dissertation is completed but not yet defended, an interim research contract can be arranged.
The candidate’s activities will include collecting company-specific innovation data and writing research-related articles pertaining to the research.
The candidate will join a vibrant business sustainability community within the Centre for Building Sustainable Value at the Ivey Business School. The Ivey Business School is also the home of the Network for Business Sustainability (NBS), which aims to bridge research and practice to advance sustainability. Both initiatives were founded by Tima Bansal.
The position will remain open until it is filled with a suitable candidate. The start date is flexible, but ideally no later than December 31, 2020. The position will be for up to 3 years, with a 6-month probationary period and annual reviews.
If you are interested in the position, please send the following to Tima Bansal (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- a copy of your CV
- a cover letter that describes how you meet the four bullet points above
- your research interests
This posting expires on August 31, 2020. The position should be assumed to be filled after August 31, 2020, unless there is a new posting.
Dr. Tima Bansal, FRSC
Canada Research Chair in Business Sustainability