Position: Full Professor (Leading Researcher R4)
Field(s) of specialization: Social Innovation or related fields
Starting date: June 1, 2021 (expected)
Position description: Nova School of Business and Economics (Nova SBE), a triple-accredited institution (AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA), is announcing the opening of a position to recruit an ERA Chair Holder on Social Innovation. ERA Chairs are European projects that allow universities and institutions to attract outstanding academics, with proven research excellence and management skills, while implementing structural changes necessary to achieve long-term R&I excellence.
This position will target senior researchers with a strong scientific background and international reputation in Social Innovation and/or related research fields namely Strategy, Sustainability and Entrepreneurship, and with experience in managing research.
The project aims to generate engagement in Social Innovation, strong connection to the SI ecosystem and create measurable impact within this area, through the collection of data and support to a relevant R&I European Agenda addressing important societal challenges.
The ERA Chair holder will be responsible for establishing the research strategy in Social Innovation at Nova SBE. This includes defining research priorities, securing research funds, establishing an international network, and creating partnerships with different types of organizations.
To accomplish this, the ERA Chair holder will:
- Setup a Knowledge Hub in Social Innovation within Nova SBE (SOCIALinNOVA-HUB);
- Manage the SOCIALinNOVA-Hub research team and supervise PhD students in the field;
- Co-create Social Innovation Labs to tackle societal grand challenges engaging with the community;
- Develop internal processes to consolidate long-long-term R&I excellence, while contributing to strengthen the European Research Area (ERA);
- Expand Nova SBE’s research and business community networks internationally;
- Apply for European research funds (e.g., Horizon Europe), as well as tp national and other international funding opportunities;
The ERA Chair Holder position is targeted at a Leading Researcher (R4), with a strong track-record in research in Social Innovation or related fields. The applicants should hold a PhD degree in Social Sciences and have ideally 10 years of experience in research projects and teams’ management. Moreover, it is required to have international experience (ideally in more than one country), involvement in Social Innovation initiatives and record of PhD theses supervision.
Application details: Full applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than January 15th, 2021, and should include:
- Curriculum Vitae, including the list of relevant articles published;
- Cover Letter with a brief description of the scientific strategy, objectives and research plan for the following 5 years, and a statement on the expected contribution to Nova SBE.
School description: Nova SBE offers programs in management, economics, and finance at the undergraduate, master, MBA, and doctorate levels. The school provides an international research environment and consistently ranks among the top business schools in Europe. To support the development of a research-oriented career, Nova SBE provides a very balanced teaching workload, compensation competitive with other business schools in Europe, and research-supporting incentives. English is the working language of the school and knowledge of Portuguese is not a requirement. The Lisbon area offers an outstanding combination of relatively low cost of living, exceptional lifestyle, and an extensive set of cultural and leisure opportunities.
Additional information can be obtained from:
Rita Nascimento (Project Manager) - email@example.com