Responsible businesses are principle and value-driven, demonstrating in addition to profit-making activities, consideration for employees, customers, suppliers and the wider society. The ARB Forum showcases how African businesses are attempting to be responsible, and provide an avenue for collaboration, innovation and learning for responsible business practices in Africa. While the primary focus of The ARB Forum is on the role of the private sector, it also includes considerations of how the public sector and civil society can work with the private sector to contribute to the sustainable development of Africa.
At this year’s Africa Responsible Business Forum, discussions will focus on key factors that influence the power of businesses to drive sustainable economic recovery and growth in Africa. Join conversations with top leaders from across Africa, as we deliberate on gender parity, the African Continental Free Trade Area agreement, sustainable finance, strong institutions, SDGs and creating Shared Value.
Speakers at the forum include:
- Jeremy Awori, CEO, ABSA Bank, Kenya
- Prof Chris Ogbechie Convener, ARB Forum and Dean, Lagos Business School
- Silver Ojokol, Chief of Staff, African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Secretariat
- Tiekie Barnard, CEO & Founder, Shared Value Africa Initiative (SVAI)
- Prof Abel Kinoti, Dean, Riara School of Business, Riara University
- Maria Glover - Project Lead, Impact Investors Foundation
- Shameela Ebrahim, Chief Sustainability Officer, Johannesburg Stock Exchange
- Dr Adun Okupe - Faculty, Sustainability and Strategy, Lagos Business School
- Dr Amy Jadesimi, Chief Executive Officer, Lagos Deep Offshore Logistics Base
- Sazini Mojapelo, Group Head of Corporate Citizenship Absa Group Limited
- Dr Franklin Ngwu, Associate Professor, Governance and Risk Management and Director, LBS Sustainability Centre
- Dr Eve Gadzikwa, President ARSO Zimbabwe
- Oreva Atanya, Manager, Lagos Business School Sustainability Centre
- Beatrice Gakuba, Africa Women Agribusiness Network
The forum is brought to you by Lagos Business School Sustainability Centre, the
Shared Value Africa Initiative and Riara University School of Business.
For more information, please visit https://lbsarbforum.edu.ng/