The Telfer School of Management at the University of Ottawa invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Strategic Human Resources Management as an open rank commencing on July 1st, 2022 or earlier.
Title of position: Professor in Human Resources Management at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor. The rank is commensurate with experience.
Terms: Tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor. Experienced scholars with a demonstrated track record may be considered for a professorship and/or a privately funded chair.
Teaching activities: Duties of a faculty member will include in varying proportions: a) teaching activities; b) scholarly activities; c) academic service activities; and d) supervision of graduate students.
Candidates must also be capable of teaching many of the undergraduate HR-OB courses we offer as part of the requirement for the CHRP designation.
b) Research activities: Applications are invited from candidates with the ability to provide quality teaching while maintaining an active research agenda in Strategic Human Resources Management
c) Academic service activities as agreed with the Dean.
- We encourage applications from candidates with demonstrated expertise in the area of performance metrics and the digital transformation of HR, as well as those with an understanding of how environmental sustainability needs to become integrated into those performance metrics (due to Telfer’s strategic interest in Globalization, Governance and Sustainability).
- However, all highly qualified candidates with expertise in Strategic HRM who can teach our core CHRP-required courses are encouraged to apply and will be given due consideration.
- Education: Ph.D. in a related management discipline.
- Language: English and/or French. At the time of tenure, a minimum passive knowledge of the other official language is required. The ability to speak and teach in both official languages is an asset.
- Work experience: A high-potential research program as demonstrated by articles published in high quality and high impact peer-reviewed journals in the area of Strategic Human Resources Management. Applicants are expected to demonstrate a track record of success in attracting competitive research funding and active engagement in the academic community.
Application Deadline :
Applications received prior to September 30, 2021 will be given first consideration. Applications received after that date will be considered until the position is filled.
Applications must contain: 1) a cover letter , 2) a curriculum vitae, 3) a brief research statement, 4) a brief statement of teaching philosophy, 5) recent teaching evaluation reports, and 6) the names and contact information of three individuals who may be contacted for references.
Complete applications must be submitted via the Academic Careers Njoyn application portal under job posting number J0721-1577.: https://www.uottawa.ca/vice-president-academic/faculty-relations/faculty-recruitment/openings
General inquiries may be sent to : firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that any job offer is subject to availability of funds.
Salary and Benefits Package:
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience where Assistant Professor salaries typically range between $94,000 and $130,000 per year, Associate Professors salaries range between $140,000 and $166,000, and Full Professors salaries range between $165,000 and $201,000 per year. The University of Ottawa provides a complete and generous compensation package which includes long-term disability, basic group life insurance, supplementary health insurance, a University of Ottawa defined benefits pension plan, optional life insurance and funds for reimbursement of eligible moving expenses. The School also offers a start-up period with a reduced teaching load and start-up funding for research.
The Telfer School of Management has obtained accreditation from all three major international sanctioning bodies: AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA. The school comprises more than 90 full-time faculty members and approximately 4,200 students enrolled.
The University of Ottawa is committed to ensuring equity, diversity and inclusion in the scholarly and leadership environments of our students, staff, and faculty . Accordingly, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous persons, visible minorities members (racialized persons), persons with disabilities, women, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with equitable, diverse and inclusive communities. Candidates who wish to be considered as a member of one or more designated groups are asked to complete the confidential Self-Identification Questionnaire, to be completed at the time of application.
According to government policy, all qualified candidates are invited to apply; however, preference will be given to Canadians and permanent residents. When submitting your application, please indicate your status. The University of Ottawa provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require by contacting the Office of the Associate Vice-President, Faculty Affairs at 613-562-5958. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.