Call for Papers and Panels
12th International Social Innovation Research Conference 2020,
1st – 3rd September 2020
Sheffield University Management School, Centre for Regional Economic and Enterprise Development
Conference theme: ‘Social innovation and enterprise for more prosperous, fair and sustainable societies’
Conference website: https://isircconference2020.com/
The International Social Innovation Research Conference (ISIRC) is the world’s leading interdisciplinary social innovation research conference. The conference brings together scholars from across the globe to discuss social innovation from varied perspectives. ISIRC 2020 will be hosted by Sheffield University Management School, and the Centre for Regional Economic and Enterprise Development (CREED). It will run from the 1st-3rd September 2020, with the conference venue the Crowne Plaza, Royal Victoria in Sheffield city centre. The conference theme is ‘Social innovation and enterprise for more prosperous, fair and sustainable societies’ . This theme aligns with the world leading impactful research being undertaken by members of CREED, and reflects the important role we see for social innovation and enterprise in creating more prosperous, fair and sustainable societies around the world.
Please find below a list of all current streams:
- Active Ageing and Social Innovation
- Critical Perspectives on Social Innovation
- Design Thinking & Beyond
- Digital and Technological Social Innovation
- Financing Social Impact
- Hybrid Models and Organizing
- Migrants’ economic, social, and political inclusion: what role for social innovation?
- Public Service Provision, Co-production and Co-creation
- Regional and Geographical Aspects of Social Innovation
- Reimagining social innovation through decolonisation
- Resilient Communities and Places: the Role of Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Social and Purpose-Driven Innovation In Post-Communist Societies
- Social Impact Measurement: Challenges and Promising Pathways
- Social Innovation & Complexity
- Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Africa
- Social Innovation Education
- Social Innovation in Energy Transitions: Beyond Power Generation
- Social Innovation for Health and Wellbeing
- Sustainability and Social Innovation in a Time of Climate Emergency
- Theoretical & Methodological Futures for Social Innovation
- Towards a Multi-Level Social Innovation Measurement Framework
- Universities as Global Enabling Social Innovation Agents
- Open stream
Paper abstracts must be a maximum of 300 words, excluding references. They should articulate: the research questions or objectives being addressed; the conceptual or theoretical perspectives informing the work; where appropriate, the methodology utilised; and the contribution of the paper to knowledge in light of the conference theme.
A maximum of two abstracts may be submitted per presenter (joint papers to be presented by co-authors will also be considered). Paper abstracts should be submitted to email@example.com
On abstract submission, please ensure you indicate your chosen conference stream. Optional full paper submission for consideration in best paper awards is due no later than 31st July
Panel proposals must be a maximum 400 words, excluding references. They should include: the panel purpose and its relationship to the nominated conference stream; details of (minimum) three and (maximum) four papers and paper presenters to be included in the panel; and the expected contribution of the panel.
On panel proposal submission please ensure you indicate your chosen conference stream.
Abstract and panel proposals submission closes: 28th February 2020
Decision on submissions notification: 31st March 2020
Full papers submitted for consideration in best paper awards due: 31st July 2020