The BALAS 2022 Academic Conference is a great opportunity to meet scholars from around the globe, participate in interesting events, present your work and get feedback. It will be a hybrid event, taking place online and in Lisbon, Portugal, on the beautiful campus of Nova School of Business and Economics (Nova SBE).
BALAS stands for Business Association for Latin American Studies, an organization created over 30 years ago with the goal of fostering education, encouraging research, and providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and the discussion of Latin American issues.
- The conference will happen from the 11th to the 13th of June, 2022
- Papers can be submitted until February 14th, 2022
- See more information here: http://www.balas.org/balas2022
This year’s special theme represents Nova SBE’s mission of being a place where people from all over the globe form a community dedicated to the development of talent and knowledge that impacts the world. Fomenting societal progress and organizational performance integrates how we tackle tensions that rise from the transformation of companies, governments and society towards a more sustainable world. Because of it the BALAS 2022 has two special tracks:
Special Conference Tracks
- Embracing paradoxes: Organizational performance and societal progress
- Societal progress and Business School impact: Challenges for Business Higher Education and Management
- Accounting, Taxation & Mgmt. Control Systems
- Information Systems, BI, Technology & Operations Mgmt
- Consumer Behavior
- Management, HRM & OB|
- Corporate Finance
- Marketing Management
- Culture, Social and Ethical Issues
- Asia and Latin American Business and Economics
- Economics and Global Issues
- Strategy, IB & Global Competitiveness
- Entrepreneurship and Family Business
- Teaching Cases and Management Education
- Financial Markets, Investment and Risk Management
Doctoral Colloquium Track
- Track for doctoral research presentations
Prepare your paper and be ready to present it in Portugal or online:
- Competitive papers (finished conceptual or empirical papers) will be considered for awards and special journal publications
- Working papers (based on established literature, but not fully empirically developed)
- Doctoral research, proposals or dissertations (look for specific instructions for the Doctoral Colloquium submissions on the webpage)
BALAS Special Issues, Sections and Fast track publication opportunities are for several indexed journals and publication collections including de CLADEA-BALAS Case Conssortium with Harvard Business Publishing, ACADEMIA Revista Latinoamericana de Administración, RBGN, Journal of Economics Finance and Administrative Sciences, and Emerging Markets Case Studies.
Additional journals will be announced when we get the approvals by their Editorial Boards.
DEADLINE: February 14 th., 2022
SUBMIT PAPERS IN EASY CHAIR
See more information here: http://www.balas.org/balas2022